Thursday, November 7, 2013

Ashton Kutcher Explains his Speech at the Teen Choice Awards


“There’s an entitlement that is starting to emerge that I think is unhealthy for people and unhealthy for our country.”

"I think that so much of what we see in the world today is this sort of propaganda machine around fame and around celebrity — and I actually think that there are some kids in the world that grow up today that think, ‘When I grow up I want to be famous’ instead of, ‘When I grow up I want to do something, I want to build something, I want to create something.”

The actor took particular aim at a number of societal phenomena, including a push for fame just for the sake of fame and an influx of people who are entitled and simply don’t want to work hard.

Noting that some of his own friends don’t want to work at Starbucks, because they believe it is beneath them, Kutcher said, ”The only thing that can be below you is to not have a job.”

via TheBlaze.com

RDN925VK5VX8

No comments:

Post a Comment